Feb 5, 2015

Feb 5, 2015

January Favorites | 2015


January is a good month in general, except for the weather here in New York. It's been forever since I updated my blog and I am very sorry for those of you who subscribed. I am trying to get things going after having a baby and today I decided it's time to back to my blog and do the January favorites.


Laura Mercier foundation primer, oil free:  My skin has changed a lot after the whole pregnancy. I am trying very hard to keep it clear and keep all the irritation away. But for some reason most my foundations are not looking as good as before.  My pores are obvious than ever and my face became oily after 3 hours. I switched to different foundations and BB and CC creams but nothing would looks good for some reason. That's when I realized that I need to use a primer or a setting spray to make it better. What I like about this primer is that is wears beautifully under thin and matte foundation, making skin looks naturally beautiful. It also extend wear time and keeping my skin feeling hydrated. 

Jesse's Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Black: The packaging looks really similar like the physicians formula eye booster but this is a lot better. It really is the best drugstore liquid liner that I tried, the color is intense and the finish is matte. The tip is really thin and flexible, making it easy to control, you can get so close to the lash line and it wing out so nicely. It sets instantly and doesn't move or fade away.


Jordana 12HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil: I spotted these when they were on clearance at Walgreen's. Never try it before but since I always had good luck with the brand in the past and it's super inexpensive so I want to give it a try. Turns out they are very good. I have a brown and a black, both matte. The way I like to use it is with an angle brush to line my eyes. To prevent it from transferring I will set it with a powder shadow on top. It gives a much softer look than the liquid liner. These reminds me a lot of the Rimmel ScandalEyes Shadow Stick, I say they both have good color payoff, the Rimmel one sets better.

YSL Glossy Stain 15 Rose Vinyl: Purchased it last year before Christmas and I haven't stop loving it ever since. This is the makeup item that I have wanted for a very long time. The packaging is chic and beautiful so is this color. It looks very flattering on my skin tone and I love the formula. It apply very thin, cool to feel and like water, but it's pigmented and shiny. It wears very comfortable and stay gorgeous on the lips. I will do a separate post later on for more details and pictures.


Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rose Shimmer: Bought it after seeing it on many beauty blogs. After using it for months I have to agree that it is a beautiful lip gloss. It looks great on any lip color, even those lipstick that are not flattering, it can make it looks good. It adds shine and it smooth everything, making my lips looks fuller. However, the pigmentation is sheer in this shade particular, it doesn't show well on my lips by itself so I don't like to wear it lone.

ZOYA Brigitte: This is the first color from the brand that I wanted to get. So when ZOYA was having their promotion in January, I ordered Brigitte and two pixi dust nail polish. Without seeing this color in person, I was worried that it would not good look against my skin tone, but turns out my first instinct was right, it was beautiful. Among all the color I received, this is the one I like the most. I am not a big fan of the Pixi dust nail polish, I like solid neutral colors better. I think those color looks most flattering on my skin tone. ( brigitte is darker in real life than in the picture)


That's it for the January favorites, I hope you enjoy it. I also wanted to do a fashion favorites with some of my purchases later. Have a good one and thanks for stopping by.




Bloglovin  • Twitter   Facebook   Instagram


0 评论:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.