Jun 3, 2014

Jun 3, 2014

Battle of the CC Creams (alba, Yes to Grapefruit, Lumene)


Hello, today I want to do a comparison post of three CC creams that I have recently tried. CC creams aren't new to me, they came out to the market after BB cream which are very popular beauty balms that initially for use on face after beauty surgery.They claim to help even out skin, cover up imperfections and maintain skin moisture. Personally, I would prefer Korean brand CC cream and BB cream just because they suits my skin better and they offers more in terms of shades, coverage. But they are not so convenient to get in the U.S so when western brands came out with their CC and BB creams, I am very excited and eager to try.
In this post, I am focusing on three CC creams that are more on the natural side.

Claims to do:
alba Botanica Even Advanced CC Cream is a 6-in-1 color correction CC cream. Claims to even, correct, brighten, protect, hyrate and smooth skin. It's 100% vegetarian ingredients and with spf 15.
Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair CC Cream claims to corrects and hydrates skin, helps improving the looks of fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dryness, offers radiance and luminosity to the skin. It's 95% natural ingredients and spf 18.
Lumene Time Freeze Anti-aging CC Cream is also a 6-in-1 product. It claims to help protects against aging, norishes, hyrates and illunimates skin and offers to cover imperfections, even out skin tones. It's formulate with natural ingredients, without parabens, mineral oil, etc. and has spf 20.

Packaging and Shade Selection:
CC cream usually doesn't offer much for shades selection. They mostly has two shades available, light and medium to choose from. Most CC cream are lightly tinted with color so they can accommodates with most skin color. These three products also each have two shades available. I find the Yes to Grapefruit one runs a little darker.  Packaging wise, the Yes to Grapefruit one comes with a pump, the others come in a tube.
I am NC 15-20 in terms of shades, the Lumene CC Cream matches me the best. The other two are a bit darker for me but not too obvious on face.

Texture, Coverage and Finish: 
All three has cream like texture, not too thick or runny,  very easy to apply and blend evenly.  The Yes to Grapefruit one has a great texture, creamy and feels very velvety when applying. It does not feel oily or heavy, the finish is skin like. It doesn't provides much coverage but it does eases dullness and brightens up skin tone. The alba one feels more moist on the skin and as you blend it in it became a thicker consistency. It doesn't offer any coverage, the finish is dewier but natural as well. I don't see much of a difference before and after. The texture of the Lumene cc cream is the lightest of the three, apply super smooth and seamlessly to the skin. It feels incredibly light and covers pores, redness and imperfections instantly. I say it has a medium coverage and buildable. The finish is matte but very natural, not flat looking.
L to R: alba Botanica Even Advanced CC Cream in fair to light,  Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair CC Cream in lgiht, Lumene Time Freeze Anti-aging CC Cream in light


Lasting Power and Skin Benefits:
The lumene cc cream keeps me oil free the entire day. It does not wear off or oxidize on me after long hours and it wears beautifully throughout the day. The Yes to Grapefruit cc cream holds up pretty well keeping my skin looking good but I can't wear it alone. I need more coverage for spots and redness so I will add powder or concealer on top and I also need to touch up during the day. The alba cc cream wears just like a moisturizer, I don't see or feel any difference. Again it's not good enough for me to wear it alone.
Skin care wise, all three cc creams feels very comfortable. It doesn't irritates or break me out. My skin problem doesn't seem to get worse after wearing them. The cc cream does act like a moist barrier keeping my skin from drying out. My skin turns better after skipping foundation for couple of days, but I don't think  cc cream is the main reason for that.

Final Thoughts:
Out of the three, I think you can tell the Lumene Time Freeze Anti-aging CC Cream is the winner. It is my current favorite base and I really enjoy it. It's good enough to cover my imperfections and redness, the finish is semi matte and looks super natural. The other two just doesn't offer enough in my opinion. Even though I don't expect it wears and covers like a foundation but I think at least it should offers more in terms of color, coverage and tone corrections. 
I think sheer cc cream has its own market, for people that has sensitive skin and for those who doesn't like to wear full face of makeup on the daily basis. It does offer SPF and tone correction to enhance natural skin and get rid of dullness. 


That's it for today, hope you find it helpful. Thanks for reading!


Bloglovin  • Twitter   Facebook   Instagram


1 评论:

  1. Natasha and Emily Baker .November 21, 2014 at 5:45 PM

    You have such a beautiful blog! <3


    www.floralsandcoralsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.