May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

Bronzing Powder


Bronzer is probably the least makeup product I reach for on the daily basis. I think you can tell by how rare I mention them on my blog and by my everyday makeup look. I don't know why I never into them, I mean my complexion is quite fair and I can definitely use some shading and some color to my face. But every once a while, especially when the weather is warming up I will pull out the few that I had and start to use them. I think bronzing powder, especially those with shimmer can make a big difference when you wear a matte foundation or a matte base, it adds highlight to the cheek and looks good with shimmery eye shadow. Because I rarely use them so I don't feel the need to invest a high end one. I have four bronzing powder here that I like, all from the drugstore, two shimmery and two matte that I think are suitable for fair skin tone to share with you.

The E.L.F Golden Bronzer is my absolute favorite in terms of color. I also love the texture of this powder, so creamy and buttery feel. The mix of the four shades will give a shimmery champagne color, a wearable one.

Physicans Formula Shimmery Strip Custom Bronzer Blush & Eye Shadow is the most versatile one since you can also use it as blush or eye shadow. I have the color in Peach. The color is more towards warm golden tone. I use the lighter two shades the most, the darker color in the pan are just not for me.

H&M Bronzing Powder is an old favorite of mine. It's a matte powder and I like this color a lot on pale skin for shading. The texture of the powder is not the best but I love how it shows on my skin, very light and seamless, a  heavy hand wouldn't be a problem.  I also like the packaging a lot, sleek and chic, with a big mirror inside.

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in sunny. This one is the highly raved drugstore bronzer in the makeup community. I find it quite similar as the H&M one, may be a little bit pigmented. It lasts well throughout the day and the color is suitable for light or darker skin tone.

L-R: ELF golden bronzer, Physicans Formula Shimmery Strip in peach, H&M Bronzing powder, NYC Smooth Skin Brozning Face Powder in sunny




Bloglovin  • Twitter   Facebook   Instagram


4 评论:

  1. Great budget variety! I've always loved the NYC Sunny Bronzer as an alternative to higher end beauty products! I've tried the ELF one too but it was too light for my skin! Love that there are budget quality alternatives available :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this - I always find it so hard to find decent non orangeyy budget bronzer!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. You welcome. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren MichaelidesMay 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM

    I love that NYC it's such a cult fave and dirt cheap! Great post - always nice to see low-end products being mentioned!! (Easier on the bank then!)

    Love your blog found/followed you on bloglovin!

    stylelikehers

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.