Jan 9, 2014

Jan 9, 2014

Recent Loves



Let's start from the makeup category, first I have the hourglass mineral primer. This is my first purchase of hourglass. I wanted to try this primer mainly because it's a mineral product, free of any harsh and chemical ingredients and also because it's a multi-functional product and contains spf 15. It claims concealing redness, minimizing pores and soften fine lines and wrinkles, repels water and creates the perfect surface for flawless makeup. It has a milky watery texture, apply easily on and blend well, left skin soft and velvet feeling. I do see the difference after, my skin tone is a little bit even, pores and imperfection are less obvious, however I didn't notice it has the ability to conceal redness. I do see the difference after makeup though, it controls oil well during the day and my makeup does last to the end of the day.

Next I have two products from essence, the crazy volume mascara and stays no matter what eye pencil & shadow in whipped white frosting. The shadow pencil has a great texture to it, easy to apply and blend. The color is pigmented and vibrant, shimmer but not glittery. It stays put all day without fading, I like to use it under the brow bone, as highlight, in the corner of the eyes and as a shadow base.
 I've heard good things about essence's mascara, between the green one and the pink one I picked the pink which is the extreme one to try. It has both pros & cons, but consider the fabulous result it gives and the unbelievable low price, I think it's a keeper. It gives a lot volume and length, extremely dark black, and the brush design makes it can brush out really thick and long lashes, like you're wearing falsies. I really like the look it gives, it's thicker at the roots and fan out at the top, lashes are still soft to touch and light weight. The cons: it can get a little messy if you have short lashes, like me, it can clump together but brush out the extra product on the wand before using will help.

Then I have the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Eye Liner in sparkling black. I think everybody know they are great, nice texture, stays without smudging or transferring, affordable. I usually prefer to use liquid liner, but I really like the effects the pencil gives. I like to smudge it with a brush to create a softer look and also I like to use it with a liquid liner on top for a intense look. The glitter in it will show and it's really beautiful contrast to the dark black.
The last product in this category I want to mention is the Sally Hansen Colorfast tint and moisture balm. I think these came out after the Revlon one's and which is why they got neglected since the market is already filled with similar products. I personally really like these, I use it more often than other lip products. The color I have here is 15 Made Me Blush, I love this one out of all the color selection they had. Like other lip tint & moisture balm, it wears comfortable on lips, very thin and moisturizing. The reason I adore this one beside this color is that it sets very quickly, last incredibility long, even the surface color wear off during the day the tint color stays on so I won't end up with bare lips, and they cost far less than Revlon or other brand.
Moving on the skin and body care, I have two products. The Clarins Tonic Body treatment oil and the alba multi-purpose jelly. Clarins is the brand that I wanted to try for the longest time, I'm most interested of their body products. This body oil contains 100% pure plant extracts, I use it almost everyday for firming and moisturizing. It absorbs well into the skin, even though I'm not a fan of the smell but it isn't overwhelming. It feels calm and comfortable afterwards and it kept my skin super silky soft.
The alba multi-purpose jelly is a must have for dry skin during cold reason I think. It's 100% vegetarian, safe to use all over the body, even on face. I use it for my lips overnight and anywhere on my body that is extra dry or itchy. It has a very very thick texture to it, doesn't have any scent to it.
Sally Hansen Colorfast tint & moisture balm 15 Made Me Blush, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Eye Liner in sparkling black, essence stays no matter what eye pencil & shadow in whipped white frosting



Bloglovin  • Twitter   Facebook   Instagram


0 评论:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.