Dec 5, 2013

Dec 5, 2013

November Hits & Misses


I know I'm late on this but I decided to share my November favorites and disappointment with you. For the past months or so I actually had a lot of new products to try, from skin care to makeup and I found couples of good products so that I want to talk about first.

First let's start from skin care. I have two products from First Aid Beauty, the Ultra Repair cream and instant oatmeal mask. I'm currently using the cream as my day moisturizer. Honestly, I had my doubts when I place my order though, worries that it's going to be thick and heavy, difficult to absorb , but after I tried it, it turns out really really good. Easy to spread over, absorb quickly, it's thick enough to deliver the moisture but doesn't leave any heavy or greasy feeling behind. Skin felt calm and well protected afterwards.

I am also really enjoy using the Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask for a quick fix when my skin feeling extra dry or uncomfortable. What's great about this mask is that it's quick and easy, only takes 10 minutes and you are good to go. I like it a lot because of this, some times you don't have time for a 20-30 minutes facial, you know. Besides above mentioned, the result this mask is offering also amaze me, skin felt very smooth, super soft and hydrated.


 On to lips and eyes, I have a new eye cream to share. After I finished the Bobbie Brown Hydrating Eye cream, I decided to go natural again and try something different from the drugstore so I picked the Burt's Bee Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly. I saw a lot of good review on Amazon and drugstore.com and that's the main reason I decided to give it a try. This eye cream has a really different texture to it. It's a cream but very light and fluffy, that makes it easy to apply and absorb. I like it because it's not heavy but good enough to take care of the delicate area.
For the cold winter months I have to have the smith's rosebud salve for my chapped lips.  When I noticed applying lip balm wasn't enough to solve the problem I will use this. The best way I found for this to work is to apply a very thick layer before bed (go generously), and next day you will wake up with baby soft lips.

 On to makeup and skin care related product, this is what I'm most excited about,  I have discovered a new favorite makeup remover. It's the Soothing Makeup Remover Lotion by Klorane.  I think the best way for me to describe it and for you to understand is to compare it with a well-known similar product, which is the Bioderma. This works exactly like the Bioderma, very gentle, the texture is like pure water, it takes down makeup instantly with a cotton pad and it's non-rinse and alcohol free. It's gentle, with simple ingredients and it also has a pump so no need to pour and it's easy to control the amount. The only complain that I had is for waterproof mascara, it's a little difficult to remove with this, but I had the same problem with Bioderma so it doesn't bothers me that much. Between the two, I will definitely choose this since it's easy to get, available at Amazon and drugstore.com.


For the miss of the month, I have the Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara and Earth Beauty Mineral Colors Blush in Primrose. I know a lot of people like the organic wear mascara but I just found it doesn't works for me. I have tried the one in the picture and the one with black packaging, both have the same issues. The good is it does coat my lashes well and add definition and volume, but it doesn't hold my curls well and most disappointingly, it smudges really bad. I noticed it takes a bit longer to dry but even after it's completely dry it smudges after one or two hours. And watch out if you are having hot drinks or food, like hot soup, it melt instantly and gets to everywhere.
On to the blush, when I bought it I really had high hopes for it because it's a mineral blush, made with simple and natural ingredients, so I thought it's going to be good. Turns out it disappointed me badly on the pigmentation. It comes with a nice decent amount of product and the color looks really pretty, but honestly, it has no pigmentation. I will have to use a heavy hand to get the color to show and it doesn't even look good on. It looks flat and the color isn't match what's in the container, it looks a bit dark and dirty for some reason.

Anyway, here's my hits and misses of the month, I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading.


Bloglovin  • Twitter   Facebook   Instagram


2 评论:

  1. I didn't know that Klorane started to venture into makeups! I would love to try this Klorane make up remover as I am running low on the Bioderma! Great to hear that both are comparable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you like it after you try it. Thanks for the comment Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.