Aug 29, 2013

Aug 29, 2013

Travel Makeup Bag

Guess what, I am packing again! Yes, for my up coming trip to Boston next week, so I wanted to do a blog post regarding to travel makeup today. The last post I had about my travel makeup bag is more than a year ago so obviously there are a lot of changes of the content in my current makeup bag.  I use to pack blind because I never know what to pack especially eyeshadows. I always struggle about what to bring with me, same thing with skin and body products, so on and so forth my makeup plus skincare would end up with two humongous bags and it doesn't feel good to have that much stuff while traveling. As I gain more travel experiences, I start to pack more smart and only bring the essentials, things that are easy&quick plus heavy duty.
 FACE
Start from the base, I have the Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream. My all time favorite sunscreen for face. Then I have the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (travel size), a must have for foundation to last longer and oil free. I love the finish it gives when use under foundation, it diminish pores and make my face looks flawless. I also found that it helps foundation blend better and evenly. For uneven skin tone and conceal, I have the Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brigtener in light bisque and Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in light. I will also bring some foundation but in a sample size container as you can see here, I have the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation in the MAC container. Lastly, I will bring a compact powder, my current favorite one is the L'oreal True Match Super-blendable Powder in classic ivory.
 EYE
For the base I have Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Portion (travel size) and Maybelline 24hr Color Tatto in bad to the bronze. For eye makeup I have to say my DIY Freestyle Magnetic Palette is the hero. It made my life so much easier for travel and on the go. In the palette, I put eyeshadows, a bronzer (Estee Lauder) and a blush (Rimmel Pink Sorbet). Six earth-toned eyeshadows, half shimmery half matte, the two matte shadow in the middle I also use for fill in my brows. Then I have the Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pen in Brun Beam. I love to use this to line my eye. Blend it with a brush creates a smoky effect, quick and easy. For mascara I have to have two in my bag. Kiss me long&curl Mascara and Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame plus. The Majolica one is just quick and much easier for my bottom lashes. Lastly, I will bring a black eyeliner, current favorite is the Kiss Me Smooth Liquid Liner.
LIP & TOOL
I have three different lip color here, a nude(nyx pumpkin pie), a pink (Revlon wink for pink) and a cherry red (Maybelline Baby Lips cherry me). I think these color will cover me for whatever I have on and they are all very comfortable for long hours wear. For tools, I have a lash curler (Koji 73) and Prestige Brow Perfection Pencil in medium/deep. 

That's all the stuff that I will have in my makeup bag. I have everything that I need, it's light weight and I feel pretty good about it. When I'm out I will just bring the powder and lip color with me. 

Hope you enjoy this post and thanks for reading!


Bloglovin  • Twitter   Facebook   Instagram


8 评论:

  1. I haven't been travelling to anywhere for a long time so I'm not sure how I would do this in a efficient manner. But I like how compact and how little things of your necessities you need to bring. The last time I traveled I took a huge bag just for makeup lol. The diy palette you have is really handy. How did you depot them and where did you get such a small compact for it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I went anywhere was about a year ago! But I'm traveling out of the country 2x within 8 months of each other this time, and as both are overseas destinations, I'll need to be smart with my travel makeup! I like how your DIY palette is full of essentials, but takes up minimum space! I ought to make one so I don't have multiple products wandering around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can search how to depot eyeshadow on youtube, there're loads of videos show you how to do it. The small compact is an old makeup palette that I recycled and turn it into a magnetic one, you can check out my blog post to see how I did it: http://ranrandreamhome.blogspot.com/2013/03/diy-freestyle-magnetic-makeup-palette.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know how yours turns out, I would love it see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lipstick colors, these nude/pink tones are my favorite. kiss.

    O Blog da Susy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I read your review on CoverGirl Outlast Foundation a while back, did you end up getting a lighter shade (825) or sticking to 832? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm using 825. I'm NC20-25

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you like them. Kiss

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.