Aug 9, 2013

Aug 9, 2013

New: Skincare Routine


For the past 3 months I was heavily relying on facial masks to maintain my skin condition. I do it very frequently, almost every other day because there's not much I can do while traveling. I was planning on establish a new skin care routine months ago, since I'm running out of everything and the products in my last routine didn't do enough for me. So as soon as I came back, I was anxious to get some new products to use. 
As you can probably tell,  AHAVA is my brand of the moment. I've changed my entire routine with products that are natural or formulated with natural ingredients. I would want to use more natural products for my skin (and body)care, I know it sounds expensive but I'm willing to manage that with less spending on the makeup category. 


CLEAN:
AHAVA Refreshing Cleaning Gel   
This is the cleanser that I use both day and night to wash my face. It is a soapless gel that removes makeup and impurities for oily skin. It's gentle and very comfortable to use, leaving my face very soft without any dryness. I alternate this gel and the Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap every two to three days. When I need a deep clean I will use the black soap. It's a bit strong and it takes time (to lather and you have to leave it on for a few mins) but it gets everything out and leaves my face squeaky clean.

Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner
I got this toner because I heard this is a possible dupe of the Bioderma. Getting used to cleaning water, I will be very excited if this is the one because it's so inexpensive and easy to get. It does remove face makeup effectively and it felt refreshing, but it's not as gentle as Bioderma, quite irritating when it gets close to my eyes.


PRIME
Lumene Age-Defying Repairing Serum
Lumene is the brand that I will go for when picking out a skincare from the drugstore. Their products are good quality, filled with natural ingredients and most importantly, effective. Anti-aging is always the concern of my skin problem so an age-defying serum is a must have in my routine. This serum contains 90+% natural ingredients, it can be absorbed quickly and leaves my skin plump and supple. 

HYDRATE
AHAVA Essential Day Moisturizer/ Night Replenisher
I was a bit worry when getting these two facial cream to use now. Worry that I could get pimples if they are too oily or too rich. The truth is, they are quite rich and thick consider for the weather but I haven't got any problem of using them so far. On the contrary, my skin haven't been so comfortable since June. These cream are easy to blend into the skin and can be completely absorb in short times. It leaves skin well hydrated and incredibly soft. The only thing I would complain is the scent. It doesn't smells bad, no, but it's quite strong and overwhelming, but eventually it will weaken and diminish once it sink in. I did use less amount of product compare to how much I use for cold weather, just to avoid my face getting oily during the day.  

PROTECT
AHAVA Sun Protection Anti-aging Faical Moisturizer SPF 50
Haven't open and use this because I still have my Shiseido Extra Smooth Sunscreen. Sunscreen is a must have in my day routine because the purposes of preventing burning and anti-aging. Spotted this one on sale for about $8 and I figured why not stock up on an extra sunscreen.


Thank you for reading and plus a FOTD for you. 
Have a wonderful weekend!

L'oreal true match powder, Bobbi Brown eye brightener, Maybelline instant age rewind dark circle concealer, Maybelline color tattoo bad to the bronze, Kiss me liquid eyeliner, Kiss me long & curl mascara, Nars orgasm, Revlon lip butter strawberry shortcake


Bloglovin  • Twitter   Facebook   Instagram


6 评论:

  1. Hi beautiful! =) I love your skincare routine. It's no wonder you look flawless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame about the Boots not being as good as Bioderma - especially if it's irritating around the eyes, as that's the primary reason I use mine. I've never tried AHAVA but sounds like they make some great products! Your skin looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! You have no idea of how surprise I am this morning when I saw your comment. I am a big fan of your blog for a long time and I can't tell you how much I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey rae :) i just tagged you for a liebster award on my blog. see the post here: http://abeautifulzen.blogspot.ca/2013/08/liebster-award-post-where-you-can.html
    glad to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a must have weekly routine for every
    skin type, every age, everything! Once a week and your skin remains
    soft and supple like a baby's behind, you get your youthful glow back
    every time you use it...every time.

    Ayurvedic Skin Care

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.