Aug 6, 2013

Aug 6, 2013

A Weekend Haul

 Eyeing the makeup shelves while I was getting the necessaries from the store. I feel like I needed something but I just couldn't think about what it is. Finally I figured out it is the heat protecting spray and I was in the wrong section, no wonder! "Well, well, let's just spend some time here since we're already in the makeup section." This is usually what would happen to me when I'm in the store and yes, I ended up bring in home something with me.

For the past two months or so, Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon is almost what I am wearing everyday on my lips. Although it is a gorgeous pink and suits me very well, but I'm tired of putting on the same old thing everyday. Really craving for some new lip colors to wear and here are the ones that I picked up.

NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie
Finally a true nude lip color for me!   I rarely buying nude lipstick because I barely use them. They are just not the preferable color for me and I was having hard time finding one to love. So far the nude I'm still using and loving is Revlon Soft Nude.  Pumpkin Pie is a peachy, corally nude color with a hint of pink in it. The texture makes it apply effortlessly, almost like a lip balm. I think hydrating isn't the word for it, I would say it's smooth and moist on the lip. It's a low maintenance lipstick and I could just put it on my bare lip and it would look good without blending or anything on top.

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
Surprise, surprise, this is the first Revlon lip butter that I've purchased. I know in the makeup world everybody loves it and has at least one or two of them, but I don't know why I never interested of buying them, maybe that it the reason. If I have to pick one among all the colors, I would go for Sweet Tart rather than Strawberry Shortcake, anyway I got one and I like it. I like how smooth that is when applying it and this color just so fun and girly. Luckily this is a blue toned pink but looks quite nice on me.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Pearl )in Wink for Pink
A rosy pink with slightly coral, this is one of the flattering shade for fair skin to wear. The color, interesting enough, is identical to Revlon Pink in the Afternoon (creme). I say this is a different version of pink in the afternoon, a bit of sheer, quite moist on the lip and with shimmer in it. I found myself always fell for color in this range because they suits my skin color. This one without a doubt will become a stable favorite of mine.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pop
Cute and fun would describe this well. This is what I would call a barbie pink, a color that is fun to wear and makes you look cute and girly. I am never a lipgloss lover and lipgloss probably is the least product I would mention. I own a few lipgloss from this line, the color, the texture and even the packaging just got me. I couldn't resist to this beauty and it would be fun to wear at summer times.
NYX  Pumpkin Pie, Revlon Lip Butter Strawberry Shortcake, Revlon Lipstick Wink for Pink, Revlon Lipgloss Pink Pop

Besides all the lippies, I also got the Sally Hansen Nail & Cuticle oil and L'oreal True Match Supper-blendable powder in classic ivory. Haven't been doing my nails for months, I felt embarrassed not because I haven't got any color on but the dead skin and dry cuticles on my nails. I am so eager to get back to my routine now and cuticle oil: a must have for me. On to the powder, I wanted a lighter shade powder to wear on top of foundation and doing touch-up during the day, never tried any L'oreal powder before and I found this one it was on clearance for less than 3 bucks (YEAH~ ).

Hope you enjoyed my haul and thanks for reading.

Bloglovin  • Twitter   Facebook   Instagram


4 评论:

  1. i have both pumpkin pie and strawberry shortcake so i officiall approve this purchase lol. pumpkin pie is suppose to be a good dupe for mac's frecktone and i find that it works quite well as a warmer nude for me. its so great for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you like them. I've been wearing them non-stop lately, especially strawberry shortcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wink for pink, that shade looks awesome! Too bad they don't sell Revlon products here anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for pointing out that Wink for Pink was a sort of variation to Pink in the Afternoon. I used up my Pink in the Afternoon and was really bummed it was sold out, but I remember seeing Wink for Pink. So I'm going to put my shoes back on and run out and get Wink for Pink!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.