Jul 30, 2013

Jul 30, 2013

Summer Makeup Favorites | 2013

 Hello, as you may or may not know I am just came back from Asia a few days ago and currently I am still in the process of arranging things and dealing with jet lag. I plan to share some of the pictures from my trip on my blog later on, so stay tune if you want to see that.
Back to the topic of this blog post I want to share with you my favorite makeup products of this summer. These products I either brought with me or purchased on my trip, they are all been tested for long hours wear under super hot weather, I can assure you that.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
I don't necessarily use eyelid primer on the daily basis because I don't have oily eyelids but for hot weather, especially for temperature that are above 100°F plus humidity, I need something for my makeup to last. This is what I've been using under my eyeshadows for the past three months. Thanks to it my eyeshadows are still looking pretty good after 8-10 hours wear, no smudging or fading. Unfortunately no face makeup can past the heat test and I am unable to find a product to prevent my face makeup melting away. 

Kiss me Liquid Eyeliner
I heard lots of good things about this brand, Kiss Me, especially their liquid eyeliner pen and mascara so I bought both of them while I was in Asia. The liquid eyeliner is an awesome product, easy to use, dark black color, dry fast and stay in place.You can do the thinnest line with this pen, line the corner of the eye, go between the lashes, it's just so easy to use.

 IN2IT Gel Liner Pen
I bought this duo while I was in Thailand, their local Watsons carry this brand and I figure why not try it since it's so inexpensive. It comes with two liner pens, 02 henna brown and 04 salmon. Henna brow is a dark brown color and salmon is a pale beige/champagne color, both contain shimmer in it. The quality of these liner pens are just wonderful, pigmented, vibrant and it sets into place but still allows you enough time to work with it. It is very easy to use and it also last very long. 

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream & Tinted Eye Brightener *
 Long hours flight and not enough sleep, even though I don't have much skin problems but my dark circles are the worst of all.  I use the hydrating eye cream under my eyes, I found it works better than my current eye gel to wear under the makeup(concealer). Then on top of the eye cream I use the brightener to brighten up the under eye area. This brightener is very thin in texture so it doesn't add more layers but it does a great job of correcting my dark circles. I also have some fine lines under the eyes and these two products together plus concealer will get the job done nicely without looking heavy and dry. I will do a separate post of this set later on.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Treatment Concealer
This is an old favorite of mine and I've done reviews on it and talk about it several times on my blog. The formula of this concealer is great, it's not drying under the eye and it covers and brightens really well. This is the only concealer that I bought with me when traveling and it is the best that I found for my dark circles.


 Kiss Me Long & Curl Mascara
Another great pick of kiss me product is this long & curl mascara, like its name, this mascara does lengthening so well that I am amazed because the compliments I got on my lashes after using this. It has a curved brush, similar to the Maybelline Falsies but not the same, it works much better and it's much easier to use. The formula of this mascara contains lots of fiber and it's not too wet so it can get my lashes really really long and curl.

Dense Nourishing Mascara
Another mascara that I'm  in love with is this one that I found in China. It's a local brand that I never heard of and I don't remember it in Chinese. Anyway,this mascara has a huge brush tip, similar to Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara. It's very very dark black color which I really like, it does lengthening and volumizing my lashes at least five times better. I don't know what's in it but this mascara holds my curl very well, and it can be easily take off by warm water.



Nars Powder Blush in Orgasm
Last but not least, the one and only Nars orgasm. Nothing more to say about this, it is the most beautiful and wearable blush that I own. I like to use a rosy pink lip color with this blush, it compliments the look so well, looks healthy and flattering.

Thank you all for reading and waiting while I'm away, really appreciated ❤.  


Bloglovin  • Twitter   Facebook   Instagram


7 评论:

  1. Thank you for the comment. I use the shade light pale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay welcome back!

    i'm glad you like the kiss me mascara. i though it was very good at keeping a curl but i really need volume in my life and this just didn't do it for me. it was a pretty heavy duty in terms of staying power too.

    i've been wanting to try the maybelline concealer for ages but can't decide on the color. which color did you get?

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Emilie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear! Long tine no see~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im getting over jet lag too since i just got back from 3 weeks in Europe. I love urban decays primer poison, use it everyday. And i love NARS !! (:

    http://beautymeii.blogspot.com

    xxEmilie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get over your jet lag soon!
    I love Nars Orgasm as well...beautiful color =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay thanks for sharing! :D You've used up so much of the Maybelline concealer xD
    I might go and check out Kiss Me actually! Their packaging looks really nice as well~


    Hope you had a great time!


    http://milkeipure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.