Apr 8, 2013

Apr 8, 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder



tarte Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder in Rose

(tartecosmetics website)
A shimmering pressed powder infused with Amazonian clay that adds a customizable, luminous glow to cheeks, brow bones and décolletage.
Product Performance: These finely-milled powders deliver a luminous finish and highlight cheeks, brow bones, and décolletage for a completely customizable glow – add a little for a soft and subtle sheen, or add more for enhanced radiance. Available in 2 harmonious hues.
Powered By: Amazonian clay: this nutrient-rich, multitasking and total-skin-balancing clay reduces dryness and flakiness, improves skin clarity, elasticity, firmness, and texture while removing oil from the skin's surface for smooth application and wear.


If you like shimmery rose gold color then this shimmering powder by tarte probably is a must try highlighting product for you. When I first got this, I was a little hesitate because in the pan the color looks quite dark and more on the bronze side, so I was worried that it might not look good on me because I have quite fair skin. After I put it on and blend it out, it was just looking beautiful and I had no worry about the color. The texture of this powder is very silky and smooth, great quality, very very pigmented in terms of color payoff.
The color of this powder is really really close to the actual rose gold color, actually I can't tell the difference. It doesn't come out weird or odd on the skin even though it's very shimmering.  It will look good on most skin colors, pale or dark. I have quite fair skin (NC15-20) so I don't mind adding some colors on my face. I prefer to use my fingers with it because it's very very pigmented. I like to apply it as a highlight on the cheekbones, it looks very subtle and beautiful once its blend. Because of the rose gold color, it doesn't looks very obvious and flashy.
It comes with a large amount of products and you only need a tiny bit of products each time, so my only concern is it will last forever and I'm never gonna hit pan on this.
left: Tarte Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder in Rose, right: elf Golden Bronzer
I own a few highlighting products and actually found two that are possible dupes to this shimmering powder. One would be the Physicans Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, the other one is elf Golden Bronzer. In terms of the texture and finish, elf golden bronzer is closer to this one. In the picture above,  I swatched the elf one a little bit heavier otherwise they look almost identical.

What do you think? Like or hate? What's your current highlighting products? 

7 评论:

  1. I am sure you have some amazing brand or products that we don't have here in the States as well, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Australia so only a couple, but even so, makeup is CRAZY expensive here!
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Tarte came out with a shimmering powder! That's a gorgeous color - I really like how rose gold works well on many skin tones! I am currently finishing up High Beam by Benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love high beam and love benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah this looks absolutely gorgeous! It's a shame Tarte isn't available where I live!

    x Tashi
    http://shiwashiful.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooooh, this is gorgeous. Luckily, I already have the e.l.f. golden bronzer! So good to know I'm not missing out too much :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the elf one too. It's pretty much like a multi-task product for me.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.