Apr 1, 2013

Apr 1, 2013

March Favorites 2013




    Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF38 PA+++

For a very long time I've neglected the fact that I need to use sunscreen for face, not just for summer time when I'm out under the sun but for anti-aging purposes. Until I see fine lines and dark spots on my face and it suddenly got me thinking: why? I mentioned about this sunscreen in my Spring Beauty Haul post and this is so far the best sunscreen I've used. I've been using this every morning after skin care routine and loved it.  It does great job not only protect the skin but also prime my skin. It has UVA  and UVB protection which means it protect skin from burning and aging, it has SPF 38 PA+++ which I considered to be good enough for face and it's very water-resistant. It has became a stable in my skin care routine now. 

Cover FX Matte Setting Powder in light
This is the setting powder that I'm currently using to set my makeup, really enjoyed so far. What's great about this powder is never looks cakey or heavy on. It sort of vanish on the skin and if you looking at it, it just can't tell that you have any powder on. I will have a blog post of this powder later.



Benefit They're Real Mascara
I've got a mini size of they're real mascara to try because normally I don't have high hopes for high end mascara to work on my short, straight and barely existed lashes. This mascara does very good job coating my lashes, it also does lengthening very well. I like how dark it is and how easy to apply it, however it does not hold my curls well. I prefer my lashes are curled especially when I have makeup on, it makes a huge difference and I look more awake with my lashes curled. So for now I don't think I will purchase the full size of this mascara but I will give it more time to see if it can works better when it's little drier.


Peter Thomas Roth Pink Ice Lip Balm
This lip balm is an unusual purchase I made with other beauty stuff this month. I don't even realize that it's a anti-aging lip balm until I received it. It comes with nice decent amount of products but the packaging is just annoying. I prefer lip products especially lip balm that comes in a tube or traditional package so no need to dip my finger in each time plus it's more hygiene that way. Speaking on the product, it does a very good job reduce fine lines and it does not have any waxy or heavy feeling which I really like. It has a tiny bit of cooling sensation and I find that to be very nice also. I will also do a blog post on this later.


elf Cuticle Pen
Very easy to use and apply since it comes in a pen form. This is those one dollar products by elf that you can find it at Walmart or target. It has avocado, almonds oils and vitamin E, A, C and B5 in it and I just like how easy that it to apply to my cuticles and it works pretty good. I have other cuticle oil but I found myself reach this one all the time, it is much convenient and travel friendly.

Desert Essence 100% Pure Jojoba Oil
I had this oil forever, never come up with a way to use it on the daily basis. Recently my hair is very very dry at the ends and I was looking for products to solve the problem. It suddenly reminds me of using natural oils for hair care so I thought to give it a try. I use this oil on wet hair and let it set for 5-10 mins then wash my hair as usual. When conditioning my hair, I also mix some oil with my conditioner to give the ends some extra nourishment. I'm quite happy with the results and it doesn't leave my hair oily. 
I am still looking for a good leave-in conditioner or hair mask to use though, any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any suggestions on the hair care products. 

6 评论:

  1. I would love to try the jojoba oil some day :)

    http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oils...! I think jojoba oils works very nicely for hair, especially if you have dry ends like myself. I also use it as a makeup remover... i pour some into a cotton pad and wipe away. I then cleanse with a good cleanser but the jojoba oil is really soothing for your skin when you're massaging it on your face ^_^
    A good leave in conditioner... hmm... the drugstores sell a 3 minute mask called Garnier 3 minute deep conditioner or something of that sort. I've always liked that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear, I will look for it and give it a try. Have you try coconut oil? I heard it's amazing for skin, hair and even cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited that you like the CoverFX powder - I love those stuff! I buy as much of them when I see them on sale lol I'm excited to try the Shiseido sunscreen and They're Real mascara now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear you like this brand. The reason why I like their products also because it's free of mineral oil, parabens, etc. It's nice that you know it doesn't contain harmful ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.