Apr 25, 2013

Apr 25, 2013

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

COVERGIRL OUTLAST STAY FABULOUS 3-IN-1 FOUNDATION


 Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation *

(COVERGIRL.COM)
All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long.

Color:
This foundation comes in 14 shades, which is good consider it is a drugstore foundation. I have it in 832 nude beige which is not a perfect match for me (I'm NC 20-25), it's dark on me but I can still wear it (825 buff beige would be a better match). The color range is not fantastic so it made it a little bit hard when choosing the right shade. The lighter shade from 805 to 820 are all warm tone and the lightest beige/yellow tone is too dark for light/pale skin.

Application:
It comes in a glass bottle and has a pump which is really nice( mess free). The best brush I found to apply it is the RT stippling brush, it blends the foundation in effortlessly. Another great brush to use with it is the RT expert face brush. I haven't tried using my fingers since these two brushes are already good enough. With this foundation you really don't need much to cover the entire face, one full pump is way too much and can look heavy. What I like to do is work it little by little, taking time to fully blend it in, add a little more if needed. This way you can see how the product really performs, the blendability, the coverage, the finish, plus it helps foundation last longer.

 Texture:
This foundation has a very smooth silky texture, the consistency is in between cream and liquid. It blends really nicely into the skin and takes no time to get it even. I am amazed by how easy and how fast it is to finish the entire face. It doesn't sink into lines and pores, on the contrary, it works well blur all the imperfections. One thing that I found is it can make dead skin and dry patches very obvious so make sure you prep you skin and exfoliate it before using this foundation.

Coverage:
The coverage of this foundation is absolutely amazing, depends on how much you have on, the coverage can be light or full (in general it's a medium to full coverage). I've tested using small amount and only have on a thin layer of this foundation, the coverage is good enough to even out my skin tone and diminish large pores. I also tried on two layers, it's definitely full coverage, let's just say it's good enough for special occasion but I wouldn't use this if flash photography will be taking (it has SPF 20).

Finish & Lasting Power:
It has a powdery finish, is it definitely matte but not flat. With this foundation, you sure don't need any powder on top, it doesn't look cakey or heavy if applied properly. If your skin is mostly clear, you sure don't need concealer either, it covers really well. I only have on some highlight under my eyes in the picture and it can covers almost all the dark spot on my face.
I have normal skin, but I tend to get shiny on my t-zone during the day, this foundation is good enough to help me stay shine free throughout the day. It's not transferring, but it does sets a shade darker on me. I have no problem wearing it for 8 hours, but if you have combination or oily skin, it certainly need touch up for 8 or more hours wear.


Suggestion and sum up:
If you have normal, combination or oily skin, I would recommend this foundation since it's shine free and helps control oil during the day. If you have dry skin, then this could be a little dry for you, and if you like dewy, glowy finish then this isn't the one for you. When choosing the color, I would suggest you go a shade lighter because the color runs quite dark, and it also sets darker after a hour or two.
In all, I do love this product and I think it is a great drugstore foundation, it does what it claims and really easy to apply evenly. The coverage is amazing and the finish is flawless ( plus it also looks good on camera, using natural light).


13 评论:

  1. It looks good on you!

    Do you want to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC? Please check out my blog and tell me about it.

    www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to try this.
    And I just found your blog but love it already, you're so pretty! I'm a new follower ^^


    http://berrixbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to get this foundation but something told me to not get this.. and I'm glad I didn't because my friend used this and she has dry skin like me and she told me it was horrible for dry skin. I wish I could get this though because it looks soooo amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so pretty :) I dont think I've seen a foundation that didn't look flawless on you! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dear, you are so nice, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is quite dry once it set and I don't think it will look good for dry and very dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i read so many execellent reviews about this foundation. i'm so tempted to try, but i still need to used up my current foundations. you look flawless and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you love this foundation because I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah~~ glad you like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i was staring at this foundation trying to pick a color for a while today and finally left, because i had no idea. buff one was what I wanted to see but they did not have it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.