Mar 5, 2013

Mar 5, 2013

Review: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

Review, Revlon Nearly Naked foundation,  120 Vanilla
 Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation  120 Vanilla  30ml



Color: I have the 120 vanilla, the second lightest shade I believe. This shade looks like a beige/yellow toned color but once it blends into the skin, it's more on the pink side and doesn't match me. I have mostly clear skin, my most concern is redness on my face, so I usually like to choose a beige, yellow tone foundation which can tone down the redness on me but this doesn't do the job well.
Texture: The texture of this foundation is on the liquid side, so it blends really nice. It doesn't require a lot of effort to blend it into the skin, which I really liked. However, at certain area where you have larger pores,  it requires extra work.
Coverage: Depending on how much you have on, the coverage is buildable to a medium. It can covers most of the imperfections on my face.
Finish: It has a natural finish, not matte or dewy. I mean it's called "nearly naked" so it suppose to have a natural finish. What I realized after I finished my makeup is most of the foundation I have on is absorbed into the skin, the coverage sort of reduced and only left a tinted color on the skin surface which I don't like.   My skin condition is normal  now, but for some reason this foundation is very flaky, and make my face looks dry on certain area. It clog around my nose and chin area, you can see the dry patches on my forehead and also fine lines under my eyes, and it's not going to cover the redness around my nose.
Lasting Power: It does last long, around 6+ hours on me, however, after three hours I have to use blotting sheets or touch up with some powder on my forehead and chin area.
Overall, I don't think this is the foundation for me, even though it feels nice but it doesn't looks good on me.
                                                                   
 Overall: ☆☆☆★★
Pros
nice texture and blend easily
light coverage but buildable
 not transferring
SPF20 

Cons
flaky
sink into pores and fine lines
emphasize dryness
create dry patches

Have you try this yet? How do you like it?

8 评论:

  1. This looks great on you! I like this, think it's great for a budget buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I heard a lot of good things about it but everybody is different. I don't like it but that doesn't mean it's not good for you. It's not easy to find a perfect foundation. The color matches, it does what you want and the price is affordable. What I don't like is drugstore doesn't allow you to test it so it's hard to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it to be an okay foundation. I agree that it sinks into your pores. I also find it to oxidize on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for reading. A lot of drugstore foundation oxidize, such as the maybelline BB cream even though I really like it but my face is two shades darker at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tried it and it's okay. I like the Nearly Naked powder though :) But yeah, I'm not usually a fan of Revlon's foundations unfortunately :c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comment. Glad that you like the powder, I haven't try it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to try this but I'm so leery when it comes to new foundations.
    I have heard great things about the powder though
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. im yellow toned, so will this shade not suit me either? should I try a diff. shade?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer: This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.Items marked with (*) are samples that have been sent to me for review or consideration.What I wrote here are my own honest thoughts. You may Not reproduce the content of this blog, use the photos on this blog without permission.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

© slittledreams, AllRightsReserved.